Contributing to Monokle
If you're interested in contributing to Monokle that's great - we love you!
Please follow these steps to get started:
- Read our Code of Conduct.
- Fork/clone the Monokle repo and make sure you can build/run Monokle as described in Development.
- Have a look at the high-level Architecture document to get an overview of Monokles architecture.
- Either start working on an idea of your own that you would like to contribute - or have a look at
the issues on GitHub - focus on those assigned to
an upcoming milestone.
- To help you find a good issue to start with we have labeled easy issues with Good first issue.
- Once you've found an issue, fork / clone the Monokle repo and start working on it, and let us know by commenting on the issue (so we don't start working on it also).
- Once you've implemented the issue open a PR back to the Monokle repo so we can review and give you feedback. When all is good we will approve the PR so it can be merged.
- If you've decided to move on to even greater things without finishing the issue that's fine also (kudos for dedicating some time to an open-source project!), let us know so we can plan accordingly!
Always feel free to reach out to us on our Discord Server if you have any questions on any of the above - or anything else Monokle-related.