Monokle Desktop is an Electron desktop application built with React & TypeScript.
This project was bootstrapped from https://github.com/yhirose/react-typescript-electron-sample-with-create-react-app-and-electron-builder, which provides:
- TypeScript support for Electron main process source code.
- Hot-reload support for Electron app.
- Electron-builder support.
Check out the Architecture document for more information.
Building & Running
- Download & Install Git. OSX and Linux machines typically have this already installed.
- Download & Install Node.js and the npm package manager.
- Clone this repository.
- Make sure you are running the node version specified in
.npmrcor if you are using nvm, you can run the
nvm installcommand to quickly install and use the required node version.
- Install npm dependencies:
- Start the application:
npm run electron:dev
The Electron app will reload if you make edits in the
You will also see any lint errors in the console.
Build the Electron app package for production:
npm run electron:build
The output will be located in the
Help & Support
Feel free to reach out and ask questions on our Discord server