████████ ███████ ███████ ████████ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██████ ███████ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ █████ ███████ ██ █████ ██ ██ ██████ █████ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ███████ ███████ ██ ██ ██ ██████ ██████ ███████ /tɛst kjub/ by Kubeshop
Welcome to TestKube - your somewhat opinionated and friendly Kubernetes testing framework!
TestKube decouples test artefacts and execution from CI/CD tooling; tests are meant to be part of your clusters state and can be executed as needed:
- Manually via kubectl cli
- Externally triggered via API (CI, external tooling, etc)
- Automatically on deployment of annotated/labeled services/pods/etc (WIP)
Main TestKube components are:
- kubectl plugin - simple - installed w/o 3rd party repositories (like Krew etc), communicates with
- API Server - work orchestrator, runs executors, gather execution results
- CRDs Operator - watch TestKube CR, handles changes communicates with API Server
- Executors - run tests defined for specific runner, currently available for Postman, Cypress and Curl
- Results DB - for centralized test results mgmt
- A simple browser-based Dashboard for monitoring test results
TestKube attempts to:
- Avoid vendor lock-in for test orchestration and execution in CI/CD pipelines
- Make it easy to orchestrate and run any kinds of tests - functional, load/performance, security, compliance, etc. - in your clusters, without having to wrap them in docker-images or providing network access
- Make it possible to decouple test execution from build processes; engineers should be able to run specific tests whenever needed
- Centralize all test results in a consistent format for "actionable QA analytics"
- Provide a modular architecture for adding new types of test scripts and executors
Check out our Intro video:
Whether it helps you or not - we'd LOVE to hear from you. Please let us know what you think and of course, how we can make it better.