Contributing to Projects
If you are new to the open source community, use this guide to start contributing to projects: https://github.com/firstcontributions/first-contributions
Checkout the development document for more details about how to develop and run testkube on your machine.
General Guidance for Contributing to a Testkube Project
Anyone is welcome and ecouraged to help in Testkube development; much opportunity for enhancement exists.
We would like to limit technical debt from the beginning, so we have defined simple rules when adding code into Testkube repo.
For Go Programming Language (Golang) Based Components
- Always use gofmt.
- Follow Golang good practices (proverbs) in your code.
- Testing is your friend. We will target 80% CC in our code.
- Use clean names and don't break basic design patterns and rules.
For Infrastructure/Kubernetes Based Components
- Put in comments for non-obvious decisions.
- Use current Helm/Kubernetes versions.
To build diagrams, install PlantUML:
brew install plantuml # on mac
sudo apt-get install -y plantuml # on ubuntu linux
pacman -S plantuml # on arch linux
This generates png files from puml files
TIP: If using vscode, there is a nice extension for the live preview of PlantUML files.